T and C
We do try very hard to make every occasion as memorable and enjoyable as possible but, fortunately very rarely, things do go wrong, and in our business, when things go wrong, the disappointment factor can be truly enormous. In all cases we will do our best to minimise the effects of any such problems.
The following T and C (terms and conditions) apply to all bookings and may only be varied by First Class Classics (2012) Ltd in writing. Bookings are accepted only on condition that the Hirer accepts these terms and conditions, and understands that payment of the booking fee signifies such full and unconditional acceptance by the Hirer.
1. Viewing and Booking
- Viewing of our cars is encouraged, and our Showroom is open every Saturday morning between 10.00 am and 12 noon, or at other times by arrangement (perhaps a lunch-time, after work, one evening or some other time over a weekend).
- Should you wish to book one or more of our cars, a quotation will be provided. Once we have received your booking fee (by cash, cheque, direct credit or VISA/MasterCard), we will confirm the booking and pricing in writing and the car/s concerned will be held for you.
2. Payment Terms
- A minimum booking fee of $100.00 per vehicle is to be paid at the time of booking. A vehicle is not considered to be “held” for any booking until that booking fee is received and the booking thereby ‘confirmed’.
- The outstanding balance is to be paid one calendar month prior to the hire date, irrespective of any subsequent reductions in time. Any increases in time are to be paid immediately at the same rates as applied earlier.
- In the event of the cancellation of a hire of a car at any time, 100% of the monies already paid will be forfeited.
- In the event of a cancellation of the hire of a car at any time within the 1 month period prior to the date of hire, all monies already paid will be forfeited and any outstanding balance remains payable.
- With reference to our Auckland Discovery Tour: If the booking is cancelled prior to 30 days all monies paid will be refunded in full: If the booking is cancelled within 30 days of the tour then $50 per person will be deducted from the refund:
4. Time over-runs
- The client expressly agrees to pay immediately and without question for any time over-runs at the rate of $100.00 (inclusive of GST) per car per half-hour or part thereof. Where a credit card has been used for earlier payment, then any over-run fee incurred will be automatically charged to that card.
- Where solely in the opinion of the chauffeur the time over-run is becoming of such a magnitude that other operations of the company are being jeopardised, the chauffeur will advise the client accordingly and may immediately depart. No compensation will be given should this situation arise.
- Our company operates a fleet of very desirable classic cars, many of which are older vehicles and while we maintain them to the best of our ability in first class condition, occasionally (fortunately rarely) a mechanical incident, accident or other problem may occur at a most inconvenient time and prevent the requested car from completing the hire.
- In these cases, either the best possible substitute vehicle will be provided at our cost (by preference, it will be another classic car but this may not be possible in all cases) in order to complete the hire or we will return any prepaid deposits or hire charges.
- No further compensation will be made or paid and no liability will be accepted by the company for any consequential loss.
- If the interruption occurs after commencement of the hire, we will do everything we can to get you to the required destination on time, but sometimes despite the best will in the world, the impossible is not achievable. Again, no further compensation will be made or paid and no liability will be accepted by the company for any consequential loss or disappointment.
6. Safety and comfort
- The age of many of the cars means that seat-belts are either not fitted (this is allowed by law) or that only some are fitted and these may be of older seat belt styles. All passengers must wear seat belts if these are fitted. We do not have any child restraint facilities.
- NZ law requires that children under the age of 5 must be properly restrained in an approved child restraint seat if a suitable anchoring system (ie adult seat belts) is available. If there are no child restraints or safety belts available, they must travel in the back seat.
- Children aged 5 to 7 years must use a child restraint if there is one available. Otherwise they must use a safety belt if one is available. If there are no child restraints or safety belts available, they must travel in the back seat.
- Children aged 8 to 14 years must use a safety belt if one is available. Otherwise they must travel in the back seat.
- Our classic cars, highly maintained and state-of-the-art when built, typically have only modest heating facilities and only some have air-conditioning.
- The cars are groomed thoroughly prior to hire, but no liability can be accepted for clothing stained or marked by road grime, oil or grease, however unlikely this may be, from any part of the vehicle.
7. Area of operations
- Our company’s standard prices are in respect of hires that take place within the metropolitan (50km) limits of Auckland, within the area approximately bounded by Kumeu, Waimauku, Long Bay (North/West); and the Whitford roundabout, Bombay and Pukekohe (South/East). More precise details are available upon request.
- Hires originating or finishing outside this area will attract additional fees.
- We are not responsible for Acts of God, traffic delays or delays caused by our clients.
- The chauffeur will use his/her judgement to drive at reasonable speeds in relation to the prevailing road, traffic and weather conditions, and will not normally exceed 50 mph on the open road nor 30 mph in the city.
- The vehicles in our fleet are only insured for our chauffeurs. No other person may drive the vehicles under any circumstances.
- The chauffeur has the last word on route and timings undertaken, in accordance with road, traffic and weather conditions.
- The Client will be held responsible for any and all damage to vehicles and/or equipment if caused by them or any of their guests.
- Smoking and drug-taking is forbidden in the vehicles.
- Drinking in the vehicles is permitted at the sole discretion of the chauffeur.
- Clients will be held responsible for the conduct of any and all passengers in the vehicle at all times.
- We reserve the right to immediately terminate any and all services to unruly and/or abusive passengers.
- The person making the booking is considered to be the Hirer and accepts all responsibility as to the conduct of any passengers.
- It is the client’s responsibility to insure his or her own personal effects and those of any guests.
11. Photographs and images
We absolutely retain the copyright in any image displayed on this web site or used in any of our promotional material, including brochures, unless otherwise attributed by us to another person or entity.